- Four levels of djembe classes
- Classes in balafon, dunun, kora, singing, shekere, and krin
- Drum-maintenance, building, blinging, re-heading, and tuning led by Tom Harris
- Open community drumming under the moon and stars
- Two levels of dance classes
- Percussive dance instruction on Duns
- Free morning yoga classes
- Massage and healing arts practitioners
- Grand Finale talent show and concert
- Guinea-style folklore celebration
Wildacres Retreat, Little Switzerland, North CarolinaMonday, May 6th through Sunday, May 12th, 2019
You are invited to come and experience the warm, high-energy sense of community created at the annual Kumandi Drum and Dance Camp. Join long-time attendees and first-time friends to create an inviting atmosphere of fun, play, learning and togetherness in the spirit of West African drum and dance. Enjoy a full week immersed in the community, music and culture, or come for a shorter time – various packages are available.
The experienced and highly talented staff of instructors is brought together by Julie & Andrew Moore, with the support of Chuck Cogliandro of Kumandi Drums, to satisfy everyone from the beginning beginner to the advanced-level participant.
This event sells out quickly after registration opens, and has been very highly regarded, . . . don’t miss out –> Register Today!
All of this takes place in the natural spring-time beauty of Wildacres Retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway northeast of Asheville. All accommodations are in very comfortable, double-occupancy hotel-style rooms with private bath. Delicious family-style, dining-hall meals include vegetarian and vegan options.
|Youth, AGE 6-12, Arrival|
|Children, Age 3-5, Arrival|
|Children, Age 0-2||Free|
|Age 6-12||Per Day||$60|
|Age 3-5||Per Day||$45|
While making music together, people surpass invisible frontiers – as music is the only language which reaches from heart to heart – without words, . . . or aggression.
-Yacoub ‘Bruno’ Camara of Fatala